Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Halloween 2010

So like I was saying earlier ( in the pumpkin carving entry), Amber really got into Halloween this year which was way fun. We had just finished watching both Star Wars Trilogies before Halloween, so I guess you could say we were feeling the Force. (If you're wondering, I took the lazy man's way out and just put on a Star Wars Tee, a leather jacket, and took the helmet/blaster combo from Rusty's collection (Thanks Grandma Peterson!)


Matthew was our little Jedi Padawan learner, complete with the apprentice braid. Amber made the cloak and hood from scratch.

Rusty was Darth Vader (of course) and Sienna was our little Princess Leia (of course she wanted to be a princess, good thing there is one in the Star Wars Universe). By the way, while Rusty's was store bought, Amber made Sienna's leia costume herself. What a talent.


Okay, I had to include this picture just to capture the detail that Amber went to on her costume. Amber has crazy cool talent. She whipped this number up the day before Halloween, from scratch! Her Headress, a spool of yarn and cardboard from a diaper box, painted. Put her own makeup on, and made he the Queen Amidala gown from uncut fabric. She's amazing!
...Too bad the weather didn't cooperate, the kids only went to 5 houses and they were done. Who ordered the rain on our parade? Oh well, Happy Halloween 2010.

No comments: