Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tacos Al Pastor!!!


Okay so, a little explanation is needed. When I was on my mission in Mexico, I discoved my most favorite food in the world...Tacos Al Pastor. Basically it is a type of BBQ'd pork they would rotisserate with a pineapple on a spit. Then the Taquero would chop some off the side of pork and grill it up for you and serve it on corn tortillas. If somebody were to offer me one meal of anything in the world, I would have them fly me to Merida, Mexico for Tacos Al Pastor and an Apple Soda called Manzanita Sol. So you can imagine my excitement when one of the ladies who works with Amber, (and who is also from Mexico originally) told her about a new Mexican Restaurant that was opened at the Junction in dowtown Ogden which served as close to authentic Tacos Al Pastor that she has tried in the U.S. I had to take a picture of them. This is what they looked like served in Mexico. They weren't as good as eating them in Mexico, but they also did not disappoint.

No comments: