Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More Updates Since our Move back to Utah...

I am determined to finish this update. I find that this blog is turning out to be more and more like my journal. That is to say, when I go to write in my journal, I am at least 6-12 months behind and I have to recap what has been going on, so I miss out on writing all of the little details that makes a journal informative, all in a effort just to catch up. Okay, that was a rant, back to the task at hand.


Okay, so one of the great things about being back was to get to see some of my buddies from B.C. again. We all got together at Brandon's house in Syracuse for a BBQ and then a trip to the park for "our kids"....Whatever! Where there are monkey bars, there will be men who think they are boys and think that they can do the things that boys used to do. Case in point....

Brandon didn't last a chance once I got a hold of him. At least it's not as long of a drop to the bottom like we used to remember it.


You forget how much 20 years and and at least another 150 pounds more can make a kid a really weak.


Brandon and Jess in their home with their baby Rebecca. Also Ben and Li.

Josh and Matt. You know, I am always thankful that while my buddies my change over the years, getting smarter, getting jobs, etc. They still don't change from the way that one used to know them growing up. These were a solid group of guys and they still are. I think I would have ended up pretty screwed up if they hadn't been there to anchor me all those years. Thanks guys, for being there, especially during this particularly difficult time for me. Here's to the old "Senior Six."




No comments: