Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas in NYC 2009

So in November of 2009, I started my new job with the Church Pension Group, a company to provide retirement benefits specifically to the Episcopal Church Employees. It has been a huge blessing for our family and I am really enjoying it. One of the fun perks of the job, is to be able to travel out to NYC where the company is headquartered. I've been out a few times for training, but the last trip out was the funnest because Amber got to come with me for the company's annual Christmas party. It was a pretty well-to-do event at a fine reception hall in downtown Manhattan. Our kids stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Peterson and at Aunt Jess and Uncle Rod's place. So Amber and I had a week-long date together, one week before Christmas, in NYC. It was like a second honeymoon. We had a great time! Here are just a few highlights...


Amber and I had our caricature picture drawn at the Christmas party. I think it's a pretty good likeness of both of us...

We went to FAO Schwartz toy store in Central Park and saw some great things. Check out this Chewbacca made from LEGO's. We also saw a Batman. These were on sale for about $27k.

We saw the BIG piano from the movie and watched employees and kids perform on it....


Amber and I got tickets to see David Letterman, it was the 12/18/09 show if you want to go to cbs.com and check it out. We got to see Spiderman (Tobey Maguire) and Alicia Keys sing this amazing song about NYC. It was a really cool experience!

Here is the big tree at the Rockefellar Center. We watched people ice-skate for a little bit. It was really fun to see NYC decked out for Christmas. I hope we get to go again next year...

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow Zach, that is pretty awesome. I'm glad you guys had so much fun. I can't imagine going on a trip without kids! So lucky! I'm glad to see things are going well for you guys.

Sara and Jonn said...

Wow, that sounds like a great trip, especially during the holidays, and you got to go to Dave Letterman.